My pediatrician was on call this weekend so I always seem to ask her "free" questions about Emma. I asked her a question about Emma's eyes, sometimes when I look at Emma it doesn't seem that her eyes line up well. Of course, I am the only one that seems to notice so I am sure it is just my paranoia. So the pediatrician asked me if I felt like she could see well. I told her that, yes, she seemed to be able to see well and I gave her an example. I told her that when we are out driving Emma will see a person walking a dog and point to the dog and say "mama, dog". Then I will proceed to ask her what color is the dog, just to test her memory, and she will almost always get it right, saying "black" or "brown" or "white". So my pediatrician said "Wow, she knows her colors." Ummm, yeah, and several of her letters and numbers and she can count, some. She was so impressed, apparently she said that knowing her colors is a 3 year old skill. Wow, my daughter is so smart! I have always thought she was pretty clever and funny but I just figured that she was just as smart as any other child her age. It is nice to know that she learns quickly.