So most of you know I have been behind on my blog for the last 6 months or so. I had been doing good at getting caught up but now I'm a little behind. So once again I have been working to get the blog caught up. Well, over the last 6 months or so I have been keeping a pile of little sticky notes with cute stories that I wanted to write in Emma's blog. So after much consideration I am going to write all the cute little stories in one blog instead of going back and putting them in the month where it happened. That way, if you check my blog frequently then you can read the stories in one post instead of scrolling back several months. You'll have to forgive me I have forgotten some of the details that goes along with the stories so I may improvise. So hear goes...
June 15th, 07: When we were on the plane coming back from NC visiting my new nephew I asked Emma to do something and she responded "No tell me to do". I got really close to her face in a stern sounding voice I said, "Emma, I'm the momma and I tell you what to do, you don't tell me what to do." She has never tried that again.
August 25th, 07: Teaching Emma about manners has been interesting. One day I was reminding Emma to say please when she asked for something so I said "what's the magic word?". And in all seriousness she said "Misca Musca Mickey Mouse" from Mickey's club house. It was classic.
August 26th, 07: Ok, so maybe I'm letting Emma watch to much TV lately. Today Emma was trying to take off her shift and she got stuck. She came up to me and said "Help me, help me, ayuda me". Which if any of you have seen Go Diego Go then you know that "ayuda me" is Spanish for help me. Wow, my two year old is speaking Spanish.
December 6, 07: My mother babysat Emma tonight so that we could go to Kevin's Christmas party. My mom was feeding Emma dinner at our house and Emma requested some grapes for dinner. Without checking if we had any my mom said she could have some after she ate some dinner, including her chicken. Emma was cooperative and she ate her dinner and so my mom got up to get her some grapes, at that point my mom realized we didn't have any grapes and so she told Emma that she was sorry there weren't any grapes. Emma then said, "but I ate chicken!".
After dinner my mom took Emma up to do a bath. While Emma was in the bathtub my mom left the bathroom to get her pj's and stuff. Well, my mom wanted to know that Emma was alright in the tub so she taught Emma how to say polo after my mom said marco. So after a few minutes my mom said "marco" and Emma said "what" and my mom repeated her self. Emma then said "marker" and so my mom said "polo".
December 14th, 07: She keeps me laughing all the time. Last night Emma was playing with a piece of ribbon and pretending it was a snake. So I took it and started tickling her with it. Emma just sat there looking at me so I said "Doesn't the snakes tongue tickle you?" With a straight face Emma looked at me and said, "That's the snake's bobo end Momma." Hilarious!
January 6th, 08: Ever since Emma got her piggy bank she likes to put money in it at any chance she can get. I started to teach her what the coins were and how much they were worth, although she has no concept of worth. But anyways, after putting in several pennies and telling her each time that it was a penny and it was worth 1 cent, she picked up another penny and asked what it was. I asked her what she thought it was and she guessed it was a penny. Then I asked her how much a penny was worth and she said "3 dollars". Hehehe, I guess we have a ways to go.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment