Friday, March 17, 2006

Weaning

We are officially starting to wean, although technically we have started the weaning process a long time ago because I am only nursing her in the morning and at night. By officially I mean that we are planning to start the stopping process. Next week I am planning on dropping the night time feeding and then eventually stop all together. I think it is more traumatizing on me than on her. Although the other day we were sitting in the rocking chair and she patted my chest and then did the "more" sign, which for her means I want to either eat or drink something. Well, it was right after her nap and since my milk is drying up if I would have nursed her then I wouldn't have been able to feed her before bed, so we went down to the kitchen and got her sippy cup of milk. She drank a few ounces of it then she patted me again, pulled down my shirt, put her mouth to my breast bone, and did the "more" sign. I then attempted to give her the sippy cup again, but she nodded "no" and did the "more" sign. It cracked me up. I guess it is time to wean when she is telling me she wants to nurse. Hopefully this process will be easy for her, I am sure it will be more difficult for me.