Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shots

Emma had her one year shots today. MMR and chicken pox. It's great that children now get the chicken pox vaccine so that hopefully she won't get the disease. The Pediatrician said that there is a small chance she might come down with chicken pox or measles. Hopefully not, that would totally suck! She cried so hard when she got the shots. She looked at me like I had just tortured her. Big o'l tears. It took forever for her to settle down.

Otherwise, the Dr thought that she was doing great. She thought Emma was progressing slowly (but normally) with physical things like walking. But was advanced with speech and communication. She told me I should be proud of how many words she can speak and sign. My baby is so smart! I am not to concerned she is not walking yet, she is already pulling up to her knees. I have a feeling that the crawling stage will be short lived. I still can't believe my baby is one!